Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TopWindow&PopUp, TrayIcon » How often is Update called? Is there a similiar frequently called method?
How often is Update called? Is there a similiar frequently called method? [message #50181] Fri, 17 August 2018 14:53 Go to previous message
rafiwui is currently offline  rafiwui
Experienced Member
I am not sure if this fits in here but because in my specific case it's about TopWindow it should be okay.

So the thing is, I need to run a method that is working in the background (or better every "frame" if that exists). It should start getting called after the window got shown.
So I searched a bit here in the forum and in the documentation and I tried calling it inside the virtual void State(int reason) method but that doesn't work (well I will get back to this a bit later) and I tried calling it inside the virtual void Updater() but that doesn't work as well because it does not get called frequently.

That is leading me to my question in the title:
How often is Update() called?
And because I think that it does not happen very often: Is there a virtual method or a CALLBACK that is called very frequently (1 or more times in a second)?

Getting back to the virtual void State(int reason) method I mentioned ealier:
It probably would work if I start a background thread here but because I want to avoid that I am asking the above question Wink

Greetings
Daniel

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: BUG? EditInt / PromptOK not functioning as thought?
Next Topic: Dialog windows showing semi randomly on the task bar on Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:27:40 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04494 seconds