Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Package "Painter"
Re: Package "Painter" [message #50321 is a reply to message #50320] Tue, 18 September 2018 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

pvictor wrote on Tue, 18 September 2018 16:34
Are you sure that by just adding Painter to CtrlCore.upp and NOT using any specific functions from it, you can improve the look of app?

Well, it depends what your application actually does Smile If it is just basic GUI, then there is probably no difference. However if you used some custom drawing (for example when you use ScatterCtrl to draw graphs), the difference is quite visible.

It also lets you perform much more complex graphic operations (e.g. clipping, 2D transformations, etc.). But I guess you might be right, that for application, that has no need for that, you might call it a dead code. It just surprises me, that it was not removed by linker... It is perhaps because it really is used by the GUI drawing functions, it just makes no visible difference.

It is also possible that I'm dead wrong Very Happy I haven't coded any GUI application in years Rolling Eyes

Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: I can't to build exe-file from default package.
Next Topic: Exe name depending on flags
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 02:12:59 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03065 seconds