Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » JPEG Images do not get rotated correctly
Re: JPEG Images do not get rotated correctly [message #50454 is a reply to message #50453] Thu, 01 November 2018 09:57 Go to previous message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi Mirek,

Time would be just fine instead of those Strings. Smile

The rest is just about the case that started this all:

The original reason to get into this was my bad habit of taking multiple backups of my photos at different times to different HDDs or USB flash drives and over the years I had ended up with two to four copies of each image with partially different names and some rotated or cropped changing the file contents and possibly DateTime*** tags. I wanted to have a single copy of each image on my NAS. (Well, yes I do keep a backup of that NAS. Smile )

As for my code, I first renamed files based on their shooting time stamp, or more precisely, a prioritized selection of their various DateTime*** Exif tags with file modification time as a backup. I renamed files instead of removing assumed duplicates in order to get groups for assumed-to-be-same photos. Then I removed the duplicates if file sizes and binary comparison of the files in group mathced.

Later I have found that some time stamps are just wrong. Interestingly Windows Explorer can still show their correct 'Date taken' info as a property... In order to get event grouping working properly, I would still somehow need to extract the 'Microsoft Date taken' for the photos that do not have correct Exif DateTime*** tags.

If you like, I can post some code here later, but it is really simple anyway.

Thanks and best regards,

Tom

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message