FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » External resources » FMC
Re: FMC [message #5997 is a reply to message #340] Fri, 27 October 2006 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
exolon is currently offline  exolon
luzr wrote on Thu, 08 December 2005 13:12

Actually, I always thought that those funny diagrams are the great way how to fetch more money from your customer, but do not really help to develop applications.

Yeah. It's only useful in design for rough sketches of ideas, say, which the different parts of the app will handle different tasks and how they interact with each other.

The real use, I think, is to document existing code so that others can come along and look at it without having to read and understand all of the code first. I know when I started working on quite big Java legacy projects, the auto-generated UML diagrams I made helped me understand what was going on better.

People who expect a rigid design to be implemented before diving into the code are probably going to be misguided... you're rarely going to know everything before you start working on it Smile

So I'd think of UML as a documentation tool rather than a design tool/necessity. For me, design should be as limited in depth as requirements and user stories from XP planning.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: ccache
Next Topic: Clutter Graphics Library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 22:36:48 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01572 seconds