Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » New dark theme thread
Re: New dark theme thread [message #51652 is a reply to message #51651] Tue, 23 April 2019 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
This is quite the (unplanned) project!

I am restructuring my effort into 3 subprojects...

Project A
This will be a fixed vanilla dark mode. It will look like today's U++ dark mode, trying to emulate system colors. The idea is that you set dark theme, drop any control in any window, do nothing else special and it will look alright, no bugs, no contrast issues.

This means that the dark mode will continue to be "high contrast".

A few minor fixes and changes are needed to U++ and I will want these changes committed to the official repo. Basically a few things can't be skined and a few bugs.

Part of this project will be to provide hand edited darkmode icons where needed for the default ones, like file open and copy paste, but this part I'm probably not going to do myself.

Project B
This will take fixes from Project A and add on top of them a new low contrast dark skin, which mean black will be replaced by dark gray, super light gray/white will be replaced by darker gray, including for things like FieldFrame.

Pro: this skin will look nice and modern and will not be high contrast and eye straining.

Cons: some of the system looks, like buttons and edit fields and tabs will no longer be system but will be fully custom and theme specific.

I will put this into bazaar or something and use it for my apps, never using the U++ default. And since it is heavily skinned, you can use it on Linux too if you want a consistent experience.

Project C
This will take the skin from Project B and make some very specific non-universal changes to allow all my apps to seamlessly change skin at runtime.

This will offer the following guarantee: an app launching with dark mode will be pixel perfect equal to the same app launched in light mode, but the user has switched to dark mode.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: how to change controls to old 3D instead win3.1/10 look?
Next Topic: Font colours in RichTextView?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 17:35:46 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03392 seconds