Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » New dark theme thread
Re: New dark theme thread [message #58011 is a reply to message #58007] Sun, 16 January 2022 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Tom1 wrote on Thu, 13 January 2022 13:22
Hi,

I found this about colors in W11:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/apps/design/signatu re-experiences/color#accent-color

-

Generally, I think MS is expecting apps to use 'Windows UI library' where colors are defined instead of Windows system colors. The accent color (as per the above link) is supposed to be used sparingly for highlighting specific interactive spots on the GUI.

In real life, when running different apps, I find each of them looking a bit different (in color and style). Also, most apps do not use the accent color for anything, or just use the default accent color instead of the user selected accent color. The overall GUI experience even in Windows 11 itself is currently a mix of design styles and colors from many preceding Windows versions in addition to the current one. Maybe 'Windows Settings' and 'Calculator' are one of the few apps in Windows that actually follow the current MS principles in UI design.

Where should U++ stand here? Should it attempt to provide a 'Windows UI library' -like look on Windows 10 and 11? I'm not an expert on CtrlLib (either), but I'm afraid that might require quite a lot of work on small details.

Best regards,

Tom

I thought we have already established that for dark mode we just choose our own colors?

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: how to change controls to old 3D instead win3.1/10 look?
Next Topic: Font colours in RichTextView?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 14:47:47 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01624 seconds