Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Edited file sometimes reverts changes when running build
Re: Edited file sometimes reverts changes when running build [message #58307 is a reply to message #58304] Fri, 15 April 2022 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jjacksonRIAB is currently offline  jjacksonRIAB
Experienced Member
Like Oblivion I still get it here too on Linux.

I just tested what you said Mirek. I called touch on a file that had been open for editing and the first few times it did not clear the undo buffer, then it started working consistently. I'll note that this is a file I had still open from last night.

I saved it, tested undo, it still worked, then I wrote some junk, touched it from outside the editor, undo still worked. Did it again, undo still worked. Then the third time I touched it and undo buffer was cleared and has worked correctly since then.

Out of curiosity I ran a touch script in a loop with a one second delay and tested it on a file in theide. theide was informing me the file had been changed and asking me if I wanted to reload. This was not occurring at all when I was using it before. It's as if at some point theide stops watching files for external modifications.

[Updated on: Fri, 15 April 2022 04:00]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message