Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » [solved] U++ TheIDE integrated debugging tutorial ? (Can't get the built-in debugger started, would use some help)
[solved] U++ TheIDE integrated debugging tutorial ? [message #52546] Tue, 22 October 2019 00:15 Go to previous message
xrysf03 is currently offline  xrysf03
Dear everyone,

I'm playing with U++, trying to start doing something useful... I'm just past the "hello world" stage and would like to use the built-in debugging capabilities.

My app is still pretty simple (I hope) - although I'm using the ScatterDraw component, which is actually quite rich and its source code is not exactly tiny. I'm also using the kissfft. And an external rtlsdr library, in the form of a DLL that does not have debugging symbols, and may be forking some threads on its own (not sure). Normally I build in the "release" mode, and my app is about 5 MB large. If I switch to the "debug" mode, the compiled binary is about 129 MB. I'm attaching the "output mode" menu as it looks in my UPP install. I have not tweaked anything in that "output mode" menu, just release vs. debug. Still, even after I invoke Build->Clean, switch to Debug output mode and rebuild the app and its source-level dependencies, whenever I try the "Debug" command (F5), all I ever get is a message box saying
"Failed to obtain information about threads. Make sure your application possesses debug info." etc.

Is this something trivial, or would I need to compile the rtlsdr.dll from source code as well, or is there some other voodoo in play? Should I toggle the debugging symbols per component in the "output mode" menu?

Any ideas welcome Smile

Frank Rysanek

[Updated on: Tue, 12 November 2019 22:20]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [SOLVED] Added my own .h file, struggling to use the String type
Next Topic: [SOLVED] Empty values to the "EditInt" widget and the "int" basic type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:14:20 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01033 seconds