Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » UltimateOpenGL [BETA] 3D engine (A 3D engine to make game)
Re: UltimateOpenGL [BETA] 3D Engine [message #52761 is a reply to message #52756] Tue, 19 November 2019 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Hello Koldo & Klugier,

Klugier wrote on Mon, 18 November 2019 22:42

Backing to Xemuth Smile I think you made grate work here and probably you had a lot of fun writing this application. I am glad you decided to publish it as an open source. We definitely need more initiative like this. Thanks and good luck in developing this project and other projects in the future!

Yeah I had lot of fun writing it Very Happy

At the end, I would like to give you some power tips for the future. I notice that you use following code in your header files (.h):
using namespace Upp;

This should be avoided at all cost, because when somebody includes that file it will also inherit this namespace shortcut. To overcome that issue you can put your class into Upp namespace or directly use namespace Upp::. You can find more information on https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5849457/using-namespace- in-c-headers.

you are right, it's now fixed !

Sometimes you pass string as a copy when you can pass it by const reference to avoid copy:
GameObject::GameObject(String _name){ // <- Copy
	name = _name; // <- Copy one more time
}

Should be replace with
GameObject::GameObject(const String& _name){ // <- No copy, address (reference) is passed
	name = _name; // <- Copy
}

As you may see with const& we avoid one extra copy that is not need in above case.

Yeah I know, I just sometime forget it Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Thu, 05 December 2019 13:05]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Bot library for discord, bombs example adapted.
Next Topic: BEMRosetta
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 02:54:22 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04271 seconds