Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Future of C++ (Would like to have your point of view about future of C++)
Re: Future of C++ [message #52845 is a reply to message #52841] Tue, 10 December 2019 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
For example discord and slack. Slack since complete rewrite and re-architecture is now "acceptable" (before that it was "abysmal"), discord is similar level, although it has more major weird features, like eating almost 100% CPU when my notebook does lose Internet connectivity...

Both apps I have to use daily due to my work and hobby groups, and I'm not happy with their performance, nor the UI/UX is that-much-better that it would make me accept their horrible performance.

And the most funny thing I find about it, lately I have seen some projects written in modern way, that are so convoluted complex mess, that just adding single screen to app takes editing 14 files, and if you forget about any, the app does crash instead of build error... while when you look at the source, it's all "clean code" and other good practices, but somehow over-done IMO. Sometimes I feel like having one single ugly spaghetti procedure with 400 lines can be actually easier to read+maintain+modify than 40 small 10-line files of interfaces/objects/dependency-injection/other-magic which somehow work together as long as you write the correct mapping in another three xml files with navigation and entry points definitions...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Key/Value store disk-based caching solution
Next Topic: Citing U++ in a paper
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 01:25:57 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03531 seconds