Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » How to use RLE compression to print a series bmp images?
Re: How to use RLE compression to print a series bmp images? [message #3689 is a reply to message #3688] Mon, 12 June 2006 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Mon, 12 June 2006 15:43

1. to Note2 - please don't have any impressions that I suspect your ideas stupid. Smile Quite opposite. I want to learn the best parts of your programmers thinking (if not all...).

2. Are you talking about an alternative to png and jpg image format?

3. As I understand from DrawDataOp, it goes "fishing" for one color rectangles (bigger than something) and then outputs them with DrawRect (hardware accelerated) while "to small to bother" - "hardware not digestive" other areas are optimally "rectangalized" into image rectangles and pumped as RGBA pixels?
(Just can't find where palette colors come into game...)

this is at least what I think would be effective...

Well, finally gettin somewhere Wink

JPG and PNG do not play a big role here. Perhaps you are confused by the fact that at the same time, the only registered data format is "file-format", which covers JPG and PNG, however, this is helpful in storing the image to Drawing and in fact, data can by anything - software rendering recording being the very important option.

Pallette colors are least useful thing here - printers are never palette devices. IMHO, it is best to feed the full 24-bit color to printer in any case and let printer driver decide the best way of rendering it. Note also that a lot of printers are actually 24-bit color inkjets....

What I believe does help however is detecting those uniform color areas. E.g. while printing those scanned B&W documents (my major testcase), it reduces the amount of data send to printer driver by 80%.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Why there is no BI_JPEG or BI_PNG in ImageWin32.cpp?
Next Topic: How to show the plot of a function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 23:00:55 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02658 seconds