Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » [Proposal] The maintainer and the future of TURTLE package
Re: [Proposal] The maintainer and the future of TURTLE package [message #54681 is a reply to message #54658] Mon, 31 August 2020 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

The Turtle package is ported to VirtualGui, and it is now in the trunk. This was the first phase. The next is to improve the server.

However, there are some small issues that might need fixing in the U++ Core, before 2020.2.

1) LaunchWebBrowser() is not working with Turtle ATM, as it uses a compile time switch (TURTLE). I could have added support for it but it had to use TURTLE switch and IMO, LaunchWebBrowser should be handled globally for VirtualGui, not just for Turtle. Otther possible/future virtualization software might want to utilize it too. (Making a callback-based version of LaunchWebBrowser for VirtualGui platform, maybe?)

2) Accordingly the TURTLE switches and Turtle specific functionality in the uppsrc seems obsolete now. VIRTUALGUI switches are sufficient. We'll already have feature-parity with the previous version of Turtle package once the LaunchWebBrowser issue is solved.

3) As it happens, I saw a Ctrl::IsEndSession() method defined in CtrlCore (always returns false). I think this method is a better way to check for session termination, at least in VirtualGui/Turtle. So I was wondering if it is possible to define it in VirtualGui/Ctrl, and let it return the status of fbEndSession flag? The reason why I ask is, it can be used to break loops that lie outside the scope of Ctrl::ProcessEvent(), in case of session termination. (i.e. Turtle's SyncClient() method is one of them...)

Best regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Mon, 31 August 2020 22:03]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message