Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » [Proposal] The maintainer and the future of TURTLE package
Re: [Proposal] The maintainer and the future of TURTLE package [message #55937 is a reply to message #55935] Tue, 05 January 2021 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

Quote:
While trying to move Turtle to UppHub, I have noticed it does not work Smile (I will gladly provide you commit rights there as soon as I find out your github username...)

The reason seems to be that after uploading html, we try to establish WebSocket connection over the same port. Unfortunately, at the same time browser tries to fetch favicon, which gets cought by WebSocket and connection is terminated because that is not the correct websocket request.

Have you noticed this issue?

Trying to remedy that by moving websocket communication to another port...

Thanks for reporting this. I haven't encountered this issue. I'll look into it tonight but I am already working on a simple login mechanism, and the Turtle server side is going to change soon.
Stil, IMO it would be better to use a randomized port number for websocket in ephemeral port range or > 32K.

Speaking of login: the mainstream browsers do not allow/deprecated unsecure websocket connections unless the host is localhost or explicitly allowd. In any case using unsecure layer is bad practice. And the K.I.S.S way of implementing a login mechanism is to use the secure web socket layer (wss/TLS). (I'll propose the plan next week)

But at the moment WebSocket class seems to allow server side security via its older interface. Is there a way or plan to fix that or can I safely use the older API?

my github username: ismail-yilmaz

Best regards,
Oblivion

[Updated on: Tue, 05 January 2021 12:15]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message