Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » [Proposal] The maintainer and the future of TURTLE package
Re: [Proposal] The maintainer and the future of TURTLE package [message #55964 is a reply to message #55963] Thu, 07 January 2021 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,
Quote:
are you sure you want to go there wrt login? I mean, originally I planned that login mechanism will be left to be implemented by client in some web langauge (or Skylark).

The thing is I didn't know the original design decisions and the prospect for the Turtle package, until now. Smile
So I assumed that it is expected to be implemented. This is actually a good news and a reasonable approach.

I have no objections to less work on my side. Very Happy Thus what I'd like to do now is document the simple wire protocol and add a better description to README.

As a side note: I already implemented a proof-of-concept Turtle-protocol based VirtualGui/SshGui (as ssh2 sub-system, usingo our SSH package) that effectively solves the security/login problem for U++ remote frontend.
And implemented a simple TurtleCtrl prototype that works with both html/ws and this ssh2 backends.

Best regards,
Oblivion

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message