Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Linking on OpenIndiana (Linking on OpenIndiana)
Re: Linking on OpenIndiana [message #54454 is a reply to message #54453] Fri, 24 July 2020 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
coolman is currently offline  coolman
Experienced Member
Hi,

I tested IDE build with provided VirtualBox image of OpenIndiana. I was able to build the IDE but there were some problems:

1. I used upp_cmake script to generate CMake project files. Problem was with SOLARIS flag. This flag is not properly set in all UPP packages. So I had to set CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME to Linux in the main CmakeLists.txt file "set (CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux)" to built the IDE.

2. After that another problem appeared - link failed due to missing link library "socket". This can be fixed with latest version of upp_cmake which contains new optional configuration parameters PROJECT_EXTRA_LINK_FLAGS to add another library to the project. Or update proper UPP package definition to link socket library when OS is SOLARIS (see next point)

3. Another problem was with libraries order for OpenSSL linking. You have to change file uppsrc/Core/SSL/SSL.upp and set library section to "ssl crypto"

4. Last problem with the IDE build was in uppsrc/plugin/ndisasm. I hade to comment out "#include <stdlib.h>" in these files: uppsrc/plugin/ndisasm/lib/nasmlib.c, uppsrc/plugin/ndisasm/lib/snprintf.c and uppsrc/plugin/ndisasm/lib/sync.c

The IDE was built successfully with all these changes. But this workaround works only for the IDE.

This is not solving your problem but it can help you to move forward. You must solve main problem which is described in point 1 - SOLARIS flag is not properly set in all UPP packages. And if you need fully functional build of other UPP projects/packages under SOLARIS OS you have to update all affected UPP packages.

And I'm a little worried that there won't be anyone here who would officially take care of the proper support of the OpenIndiana system, if you're the only one I know of yet. But I may be wrong.

BR, Radek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message