FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » some U++ stuff on reddit/cpp_question
Re: some U++ stuff on reddit/cpp_question [message #54863 is a reply to message #54513] Wed, 23 September 2020 07:39 Go to previous message
jjacksonRIAB is currently offline  jjacksonRIAB
Experienced Member
Yeah, I've noticed on those forums that you hardly ever hear about U++ and though you occasionally get a kind comment mostly they're ignored. Maybe part of the solution is to actually create and contribute to forums in these places. So called "killer apps" would also be helpful. A major part of the reason I created the discord bot library was to spur interest in U++ even though I was not a huge discord user (I don't use it at all anymore due to privacy concerns) but when I posted about it on a subreddit I thought was dedicated to bot creation, they said it was "cool" but deleted the thread and told me it was "advertising". Strange use of a word for something given away for free.

I'm not a marketing guru, so I don't know how to generate buzz around U++. Lately I had this idea of creating some sort of linux distro that used only U++ technologies based on a U++ window manager. The idea still sounds cool to me and could perhaps spur additional development of apps, but it would require significant work to get such a thing off the ground.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message