Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » Some Shocking Facts You Probably Didn't Want to Know about U++ Framework...
Re: Some Shocking Facts You Probably Didn't Want to Know about U++ Framework... [message #55506 is a reply to message #55505] Tue, 17 November 2020 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Klugier wrote on Tue, 17 November 2020 01:09
Hello Mirek,

Thanks that you gave the green light for upp as a library.

That was always green light. I have even changed important aspects in the past, .icpp is no longer required. I just do not have energy (and mood) to do that myself.

Quote:

I think we could target it in the next year - this will be massive rework. The main problem is that for dll you need to explicitly said which symbols should be exported...

Produce static libraries then.... You can also simply export everything, there are methods for that. But I would rather do statics, in the past there was stigma associated with that, but I feel like that is now gone. In any case, it would be a good first step.

The real problem with this is how to destroy U++ modularity... E.g. how will you handle MySQL? SSL?

Quote:

Backing to allocator - thanks for the clarification. I had to understand something wrongly from the discussion. I think it was UB Smile

No, Moveable is the UB. And probably not for much longer as this kind of UB is "established industry practice" now, Bloomber, Facebook and Electronics Arts template libraries are doing exactly the same thing and there are proposals to make it legal.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon10.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Layout Designer has been documented (TheIDE)
Next Topic: 2nd price!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:03:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 5.00154 seconds