FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » GLFW Package
Re: GLFW Package [message #55710 is a reply to message #55707] Wed, 02 December 2020 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Xemuth is currently offline  Xemuth
Hello Klugier,

Thanks for testing !

Klugier wrote on Wed, 02 December 2020 01:31

Also, please replace "int main()" with CONSOLE_APP_MAIN thanks to Core we are in U++ world Smile

The quick example I provided was taken from web. I had change the original post to make it U++

Also, you could consider adding description to GLFW package - what it is. It is very helpful information when you don't know anything about package and wants to try.

Yes, the next update (which will include Wayland and Mesa) will have a description

I tested it on my machine with Radeon GPU on Manjaro (X11) and in the window I saw only blinking artifacts Sad. This might be the library problem or something else. I will probably do not have time to dig more.

The example I provided only open a Window, acquire an OpenGL context and loop infinlty. the window is supposed to be fully black. In your case it probably come from lib. do you have a dedicated GPU ? or is it an integrated one ? do you know your OpenGL version ? (if you have Mesa, you can type commande glxinfo, see OpenGL version string)

Oblivion the leak problem is related to leak in AMD drivers we (Mirek and I) fought with it in the past for GLCtrl but without success.

I have dig up an old machine and put Lubuntu in it (so I'm running X11) with an intel CPU (pentium 4 + integrated intel GPU) and leak still happen. Maybe I'm naive but my system dont have amd driver, so the problem is may be related to my lib.

@Oblivion how have you retrieve system information you provided on this post ? is it a simple command ? (have not found it on web Crying or Very Sad)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message