Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » OleCalc example can't compile
Re: OleCalc example can't compile [message #57424 is a reply to message #56017] Fri, 06 August 2021 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JeyCi is currently offline  JeyCi
Xemuth wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 11:26
Can someone can confirm me OLE/ activeX control can't be compiled using clang but only with MSVS ?

MIDL-compiler needed - for microsoft interface definition language (IDL) files... and it exists only in MSVC, as I understand... nothing changed...
I remember in Borland was easy way to build COMdll - also with ATL - but it was too long since now... and Borland also had its own compiler...
ATL as for smaller projects than MFC, but still resembles MFC, -- are both of rather complicated structure... and it is more difficult to create COM without ATL (rus here example & limitations)...
though really I still don't understand ? Why
mirek wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 14:01
OCX seems to be sort of out of fashion anyway.

- because, AFAIK, all libs in Windows are still interacting with each other like COM-objects... Cool perhaps the reason is just the fashion for NET and thus its "COM Interop" possibilities for managed-and-unmanaged code interaction...
but still only Microsoft gives Active Template Library (ATL) & MIDL-compiler Sad
And, anyway
Xemuth wrote on Thu, 14 January 2021 11:26

Also, about MSVS : template <>
inline unsigned GetHashValue(const Guid& guid) { return GetHashValue(~guid); }

I'm just not sure that modern compilers are still very friendly with "inline" (just have read somewhere this - do not remember the source)- perhaps it's worth to refactor this piece of code without "inline"?
p.s.
sorry for my late viewpoint, but still I'm really having some interest in this topic... even in U++... if I will make smth to work (not sure) - of course will publish... in spare time

Best regards.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 August 2021 16:14]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: findarg_r, a findarg variant that works with value ranges.
Next Topic: Horizontal Cursor for CodeEditor/LineEdit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 06:44:45 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02154 seconds