Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » TheIDE doesn't start on macOS 11.1
Re: TheIDE doesn't start on macOS 11.1 [message #56103 is a reply to message #56099] Sun, 24 January 2021 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Klugier wrote on Sun, 24 January 2021 14:06
Hello Luigi,

For curiosity, I just checked your app Vega (Vega) on macOS 11.1 and everything works fine (no crash at launch). So, the application doesn't link with OpenSSL and the problem doesn't exist. The same is true for VegaTeam.

You should be very careful with migration. First, we need to make sure that upp with OpenSSL works well across different macOS versions. Now, TheIDE only works if you compile it manually with embedded umk with changes to build method.

Klugier

Hello Klugier,

thanks a lot for the news about my app on macOS 11. I was unaware of it. Actually I linked OpenSSL statically Cool . I described somewhere on the forum how I did it. I compiled it with Mojave but I do not remember which version I used. I linked statically even mysqlclient.
Each time I setup the machine for macOS I have a headache. Instead I was able to compile the same apps you tried under Raspberry in a much simpler ways.
For the time being I'll continue to maintain my current setup on macOS.

Best regards,
Luigi

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: TheIDE is not respecting the sandbox
Next Topic: Displaying screenshots in Readme (UppHub)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 12:15:42 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02051 seconds