Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » UppHub - new package registration (How do we want to solve this problem?)
Re: UppHub - new package registration [message #56257 is a reply to message #56256] Mon, 15 February 2021 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

I checked the doc and I found that tag can be defined. I created PR I would be grateful if you will review it. Here is my change:
"repository": "https://github.com/klugier/UppGoogleTest.git release-1.10.0",
"readme": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/klugier/UppGoogleTest/release-1.10.0/README.md"

I understand that this is initial version, so the version management is not must. However, we need to add updates possible and let user even download custom commit/branch/version. I do not ses that ones downloaded branch will stay forever without any updates or possibility to change to certain commit. I know that you can remove and then uninstall, but this is not very handy...

Let's assume that I fixed the problem with my module. Then what? In above case with tag the user can not download anything besides the release-1.10.0. I think option like "Install certain commit/branch/tag.." could work in our case. This will remove whole repo and download repo with certain commit. Clear and simple solution.

I would like to also see if I update global tag like "release-1.10.0" to "release-1.11.0" UppHub detects that there is update and user will have the opportunity to reinstall package. This shouldn't be hard to implement... Background task should do the work.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 February 2021 00:44]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How can I use CORE/SSL to sign something or check signatures?
Next Topic: How does one get argc and argv parms when making use of GUI_APP_MAIN?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 21:10:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02230 seconds