Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » UppHub - new package registration (How do we want to solve this problem?)
Re: UppHub - new package registration [message #56265 is a reply to message #56094] Mon, 15 February 2021 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hi,

Quote:
I think for most projects master/main is unstable. If it is stable enough and certain features are present then the master became release via tagging. If it requires more polishing then release branch is created and then tagged if everything is fine.

I agree with Mirek here. git-based development is meant to be done via branches. Development should be done in developmental branches and the changes should be merged to master/main after they are streamlined and tested. Only then the package main branch is tagged a milestone or release.

I believe, however, it would be inappropriate to force this scheme to developers.

By the way, maybe the branching issue should be fixed in a more geneal way, via our repo tool. So that we can switch branches without manually cloning the package elsewhere or disrupting the upphub scheme.

Best regards,
Oblivion

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How can I use CORE/SSL to sign something or check signatures?
Next Topic: How does one get argc and argv parms when making use of GUI_APP_MAIN?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 01:19:32 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02558 seconds