Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Understanding Frames
Understanding Frames [message #3851] Sat, 01 July 2006 00:09 Go to previous message
brianE is currently offline  brianE
Promising Member
Oh dear, I hope you don't mind my questions. Each time someone explains something I do some experiments and find new things to ask about!

I have read the 'About Frames' article. I see the Cyan portion as the 'body' of the window and is called frame0. Then you 'insert' a frame (in Green) on the left which squashes frame0. So, what can I do with this green space? is it dead? can I add Ctrls to it? Can I do a BlackFrame or ButtonFrame to it? Do I refer to it as frame number 1?

Now we do different clever things with another frame. This time we 'add' so that it goes inside the 'body'. Is it, too, dead or can I play with it? Is it frame number 2?

What I want to do is split a window into this:
   +--------------+
   |              |
   +---+----------+
   |   |          |
   |   |          |
   |   |          |
   +---+----------+
The top portion always stays the same height, the left portion always stays the same width. And I will want to put things inside them. Do I use FrameTop and FrameLeft? If so how? Or is it LayoutFrameTop etc? I know that I don't want a splitter because that's moveable and I've learnt how to use that! Anyway, I'm sorry, but I am confused about Frames.

<off topic> I read in one of the posts about people coming to Upp and perhaps not staying or maybe they just didn't like to post. Maybe because I am new but I see that lots of people have looked at the topics I have started - and no, it wasn't me! Anyway, I think one needs patience and perseverance and one will overcome all the starting difficulties and reap the rewards.</off topic>

Once I have mastered these pesky frames I will want to talk about DragAndDrop! Are you ready? Wink

brianE

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Mapping button to CALLBACK
Next Topic: scrolling without Frame and wrapping Ctrl?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 00:05:18 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01489 seconds