Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Ctrl Transparency, backpaint, ...
Re: Ctrl Transparency, backpaint, ... [message #56578 is a reply to message #56577] Fri, 26 March 2021 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Didier wrote on Fri, 26 March 2021 10:41
Great !!!
i will look into this tonight Smile
Thanks

What is the general stratégy to deal with these matters in widgets ?
There are some methods existting in Ctrl:
* Transparent() ==> set a bool that can be used in other places

Transparent was the flag that was originally intended as a way for widget to say to CtrlCore painting code that it should be treated as transparent. Over time, it evolved to be the flag for the widget as well - widget sets its default state in contructor and user code can change that. Widget however needs to honor the flag in its painting code (most of them do now, TabCtrl did not, that is what lead to the problem).

Note that from the CtrlCore perspective Transparent flag is mainly the optimization - it reduces the number of widgets that have to be repainted.

Quote:

* Backpaint() : not sure what this is intended for (although I expected using TransparentBackpaint() would have fixed my problem ... but it didn't)

You can safely forget about these. These were in the past methods to optimize things, today everything is set by default to backpaint.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: K_CTRL_SEMICOLON and K_CTRL_PERIOD keys share the same constant value on Win32
Next Topic: *Hold() mouse events only work for widgets at top-left corner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 01:25:20 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01357 seconds