Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » VideoPlayerCtrl using OpenGL + ffmpeg + portaudio (It was needed so I wrote one but it still needs a lot of work and review)
Re: VideoPlayerCtrl using OpenGL + ffmpeg + portaudio [message #57345 is a reply to message #57344] Thu, 15 July 2021 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jjacksonRIAB is currently offline  jjacksonRIAB
Experienced Member
Xemuth,
Yes, you're right on all points. What I was eventually hoping to use GL for was supporting accelerated color YUV->RGB conversion and hardware scaling but as you notice it uses a cached static SwScale context and the texture resizing that I thought was accelerated actually turns out to be CPU-based anyway. It also uses an ImageBuffer as the backing buffer so it could be easily adapted to work without OpenGL at all. One major thing that that I suspect would kill performance is that decoders ideally operate already in GPU-space and GPU memory so if you start out in that area you want to stay in GPU instead of bringing rendered frames back into CPU-side and then putting them back in the GPU again as GL textures.

Sure, I'd be happy to put it on UppHub.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: BEMRosetta
Next Topic: Visual Studio Map File Browser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 09:58:31 CEST 2024