Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » VideoPlayerCtrl using OpenGL + ffmpeg + portaudio (It was needed so I wrote one but it still needs a lot of work and review)
Re: VideoPlayerCtrl using OpenGL + ffmpeg + portaudio [message #57346 is a reply to message #57345] Thu, 15 July 2021 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jjacksonRIAB is currently online  jjacksonRIAB
Experienced Member
So to clarify my understanding in an ideal scenario you want as much as possible in the GPU especially in the case of mobile devices. The majority of your budget is spent in decoding, not blitting, and mobile devices would not be able to decode certain types of videos at all without acceleration. If there is a way to provide for a pipeline that decodes and renders to the GPU without involving the CPU at all, that would be ideal. Barring that, maybe it's not useful to put it back in GL if I'm already using software scaling via SwScale and software color conversion.

If we wanted to go the software drawing route, I don't know what U++ provides for color conversion, I believe everything is RGB and YUV is not supported.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: BEMRosetta
Next Topic: Visual Studio Map File Browser
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 06:10:57 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03010 seconds