Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Know what you're using. Size of some common types.
Re: Know what you're using. Size of some common types. [message #57940 is a reply to message #57934] Thu, 30 December 2021 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lance is currently offline  Lance
Contributor
I manage to create a ScrollBar twin (SkrollBar) that should look and act exactly the same (to be safe, I leave untouched some old code that could benifit from rewritten with new facilities but I am not very sure yet).

Class		Size
-------		-----
Button		224
SkrollBar	232
ScrollBar	1136
TabBarCtrl	1000
ArrayCtrl	3752
GridCtrl	4904
See above table. SkrollBar is now almost same size of Button. Above size of GridCtrl is after both ScrollBar objects in it has been redefined as of type SkrollBar. Imagine howmany GridCtrl/ArrayCtrl you will be using in your program Laughing

The code is still very rough. I dare not to touch the original Slider() portion's Paint & mouse event (I wasn't able to understand it very well). I figure, push and light can be do without, linesize and minthumbsize will be more than enough with an int8. I haven't tries (removing light and push will require rewriting some code), chance is we can get SkollBar of the same size of Button.

Attached is a test that use ScrollBar/SkrollBar Vert()/Horz() side by side. They should look the same and behave the same. The Outer ones are SkrollBar. They respond to MouseMove in debug mode to report the section number that the mouse is currently in.

With a vertical SkrollBar, section 0 is the prev button, section 2 is the prev2 button (mostly invisble), section 3 is the portion of slider above the thumb, section 4 is the thumb, section 5 is the portion of slider under the thumb, section 5 is the next2 button (mostly invisible), section 6 is the next button.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 January 2022 19:10]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [SOLVED][Question] Is anyone able to build UPP and Binaries based upon it as 32-Bit?
Next Topic: Source Code Efficiency Minor Issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 07:14:52 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03162 seconds