Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » FileSel&FileList, Path » FileSel takes quite a lot of CPU on Windows
Re: FileSel takes quite a lot of CPU on Windows [message #58424 is a reply to message #58422] Thu, 19 May 2022 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Mirek,

I do understand that many/most users are happy with their applications when the computer interacts with them in a timely manner and show a nice GUI. But in my case some of my applications work on various timing sensitive external data streams (data-acquisition, network, serial, even low-latency audio processing) that just cannot wait for CPU without unwanted consequences. Therefore, I prefer to minimize all unnecessary loading of any system resources to ensure that the timing sensitive background tasks proceed without glitches.

I guess the flag solution (LoadExeIcons()) shown above would serve both worlds.

Additionally, in any case it would not hurt to stop the background icon harvesting when the dialog is closed by the user.

Best regards,

Tom

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FileSelNative::AllFilesType() doesn't show files without extensions on Linux
Next Topic: BUG + FIX: FileSelNative shows default filename as some trash characters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:56:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04861 seconds