Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » U++ libraries and TheIDE converted to Meson build system
Re: U++ libraries and TheIDE converted to Meson build system [message #58680 is a reply to message #58679] Tue, 19 July 2022 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello germandiago,

Quote:
I do not understand what the macros are about. Not sure if an UppHub would attract many people honestly. It can be good to have and nice in theory, but people go to Conan or Vcpkg for packages to be realistic. However, I am not the one who take this kind of decisions and if it is good for Ultimate++ project I do not have anything against it, it is just my two cents.

What I mean is: We can have a collection of macros that will create build scripts for major build tools such as make, cmake, meson, etc. You (or any maintainer) run the preferred generator once, then deploy the generated build script with your U++ based app, without the need for theide or umk. (We already have this with make, but it is hard-coded ATM.)

So, all in all, it is meant to simplify what you already aim.

Best regards,
Oblivion

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Source Code Efficiency Minor Issue