FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » New Assist features
Re: New Assist features [message #59055 is a reply to message #59033] Sat, 22 October 2022 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I discussed this already with Mirek, but I am not happy how the new OK state is presented within TheIDE. I know that I can turn it off, but it is a default option, so all users will be affected by this change and I do not want to read that our UI feels like 90s. For me it is too invasive, it is colliding with line numbers, breakpoints and documentation annotation. TheIDE should be more minimal and less visually heavy. Screenshot with the new OK state below (top left corner of CodeEditor):
index.php?t=getfile&id=6686&private=0

Can we just do not show nothing and display only errors only in scrollbar? I know that Mirek might be affraid that the check doesn't run, but it means that we have a bug that needs to be eliminated. We can show this OK/Errors state in verbose mode for debug purpose. Also, most of IDE's doesn't display this state, so precedence in this case is risky and unnecessary. The final option is to do not show this icon by default and make it optional.

Moreover, the default Navigator position was bring back from right to left. I understand that it is harder to read expanded symbols, but the overall default layout of TheIDE suffers from it. It is much easier to navigate with the mouse from CodeEditor to list of files when Navigator is not between Files/Packages and CodeEditor. Also, right now you can not just do not use Navigator, it is integrated part of expirience, because it shows the progression of parsing. Maybe we can move information about parsing somwhere else for example to status bar, which is hidden by default?

Klugier
  • Attachment: OKState.png
    (Size: 97.94KB, Downloaded 472 times)

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 October 2022 17:57]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message