FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » 2022(?).2 beta
Re: 2022(?).2 beta [message #59263 is a reply to message #59249] Thu, 08 December 2022 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
I'm doing this year Advent of Code with U++ (built from source from github 1.12. so beta-testing it), posting my solutions at github (spoilers alert, if you want to try AoC yourself).

So far everything seems to work for me quite well, I have seen only minor issues.

One very minor issue is strange temporary "freeze" of IDE after closing the terminal with finished run of code in certain situations, the detailed setup:
OS: KDE Neon (KDE5 developer's distribution based on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS with KDE desktop)
IDE config - Console binary: /usr/bin/konsole -e
project: U++ Core CLI, using Cout() to display output.
- when I run the project Ctrl+F5, it opens new terminal, outputs results, the terminal shows "<--- Finished, press [ENTER] to close the window --->"
- then I use mouse to select something from the output, Ctrl+Shift+C to copy it to clipboard, press enter to close the terminal
- the terminal does close (so far all of this is OK), but TheIDE is frozen for 5-10 seconds, not showing cursor, or reacting to clicks, etc..
- then it starts reacting again

If I don't do copy to clipboard, it never happens, when I copy something, it seems to usually freeze, although sometimes it stops doing it for following runs of the code, and does it again after restarting IDE.
It may be also some issue with KDE and clipboard thing, as did notice the OS clipboard sometimes losing content when I close the app from which the content was copied, but in this case it seems the text from Konsole survives, just IDE is stuck on something.

Other minor issue is syntax highlight of C++ numeric literals, I think Mirek did implement the apostrophe digit separator few years back, but now it looks like it does think some char string starts there, see attached image.

I haven't used U++ much in recent years, so my usage is quite "trivial", but so far everything works very well, the new clangd parsing with -std=c++20 works too, I will try to refresh the IDE build few times to not fall behind too much, and try to do a bit more stuff with it and report if I see anything more, so far it looks like solid release ahead.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message