Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Issue loading TIFF images with plugin/TIF
Re: Issue loading TIFF images with plugin/TIF [message #59547 is a reply to message #59538] Tue, 24 January 2023 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

I have now implemented those GeoTIFF features I presented above for tifupp.cpp externally, calling libtiff of plugin/tif directly. I also avoided the FetchPage issue (black area with large images) and horizontal mirroring crash with strangely oriented images by using this approach. Therefore, I do not need merging of those new features to plugin/tif anymore. However, someone else might find them useful, so please proceed as you prefer.

The crash when loading JPEG compressed TIFF images is still there with Windows (not Linux though). So, I guess it is a bug in libtiff, not plugin/tif. Anyway, this requires further digging. The sample file is:

https://www.marinha.mil.br/chm/sites/www.marinha.mil.br.chm/ files/geotiff/22700geotiff.zip

I think that updating the libtiff to its latest version (4.5.0 at this time) might be useful as there is a continuous bug fixing and development going on.

Also, it might be useful to add support for COMPRESS_ZSTD and COMPRESS_LZMA, if possible through using existing plugin/zstd and plugin/lzma. (COMPRESS_LZW and COMPRESS_DEFLATE work well as is.)

Best regards,

Tom

EDIT: So, the above JPEG compressed TIFF image loads correctly in Linux 64 bit. However it also loads correctly in Windows when ImageViewer is built with CLANG (32-bit) or MSBT22 (32-bit), but crashes in __intrinsic_setjmp() with both CLANG64 and MSBT22x64. Don't know how to fix this.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 February 2023 17:37]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: BufferPainter Text Clips all text when partial off screen
Next Topic: Image::GetDPI() doesn't return Size(0, 0)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 13:01:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01928 seconds