Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Issue loading TIFF images with plugin/TIF
Re: Issue loading TIFF images with plugin/TIF [message #59608 is a reply to message #59606] Tue, 14 February 2023 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Tom1 wrote on Tue, 14 February 2023 09:02
Hi Mirek,

Thanks, jpeg-tiff works now. Smile

As for your question of merging my latest posted tifupp.cpp, I mostly think you could, but please consider the following:

1. The issue with:

https://www.marinha.mil.br/chm/sites/www.marinha.mil.br.chm/ files/geotiff/1511geotiff.zip

is simply solved by entirely disabling the tmpfile in FetchPage(). I bet you would come up with a more advanced solution yourself.

Well, after some deliberation, I have completely removed tmpfile. After all, we have swap, right? (apart from 64GB RAM).

Quote:

EDIT: I looked at our earlier work on plugin/JPG EXIF orientation and flipping: Yes, the image is pre-flipped and returned in its U++ orientation. So it would seem logical to do the same in plugin/TIF.

EDIT2: I came up with an idea to avoid the flipping crash. This involves further changes to tifupp.cpp, so please stand-by until I finish with this one.

EDIT3: OK, now I have prevented libtiff flipping crash and enabled correct Raster flipping, i.e. the same code that flips JPEG images. Just need to adjust the geomatrix to reflect this change... I will return.

[/quote]

Waiting then Smile

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: BufferPainter Text Clips all text when partial off screen
Next Topic: Image::GetDPI() doesn't return Size(0, 0)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 01:23:50 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02162 seconds