Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » [PROPOSAL] CppCheck support
Re: [PROPOSAL] CppCheck support [message #59559 is a reply to message #59558] Sat, 04 February 2023 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Oblivion,

I like the idea to addlinter support for TheIDE, however I am not sure we should go for cppcheck. When I used it in the past, the tool had some problems like false positives. Also, the decision to relay on this particular one in the main code base is very difficult. We have very good alternatives such as clang-tidy and the true thing is that we are now basing on clang ecosystem like never before. With the usage of libclang and recent clang-format integration.

What about creating plugin system for TheIDE to allowing creation of extensions? Thanks to that there will be possible to support multiple linters. I understand that it will require a lot of work, but in the long term it is the way to go.

Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Assiste symbol information about
Next Topic: Should be an easy one: could we turn word wrapping on in the log view?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:51:54 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02853 seconds