Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » General questions about theIDE (New user - first impressions / queries)
General questions about theIDE [message #60331] Sun, 10 December 2023 14:18 Go to previous message
EspressoMan is currently offline  EspressoMan
Promising Member
Context: My background is developing for Windows using mainly Embarcadero RAD tools (Delphi). I have been out of the development loop for some years and now I'm semi-retired. I abandoned Windows some time ago and now use Linux Mint and hopefully U++ to develop GUI apps which interest me. I've been through the tutorial section to get the general idea of the framework and now I'm starting on my first app.

Right now I have a couple of (hopefully) very simple and possibly naive questions that I hope some kind reader can answer.

1) On startup - theIDE is automatically opening in 'full screen' (maximised) mode. Can I stop this happening? it's very annoying.
2) Unlike other products, theIDE has no (obvious) facility to close a project per se. I know I can begin a new 'package' but would prefer to have the option to close the previous one and remove it from theIDE to avoid 'clutter'.
3) Is it possible to execute the Layout designer on it's own? It seems that the toolbar switch wants to have a layout file already in existence. I guess it's one of those chicken and egg things but it could be that I just don't understand the process.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Tutorial update(s)
Next Topic: Linking to external library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 23:03:11 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01490 seconds