Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » Bobcat, a cross-platform terminal emulator (A modern terminal emulator based on TerminalCtrl and U++)
Re: Bobcat, a cross-platform terminal emulator [message #60357 is a reply to message #60348] Thu, 21 December 2023 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello IƱaki,

For one, the underlying vte(TerminalCtrl) is much more powerful (in terms of vt compatibility and recognized escape sequences, including mouse i/o). This is especially important if you are using WSL or working on a remote connection to linux machines, where many console applications expoit the VT sequences. Bobcat is basically like having a modernized xterm on Windows (as you might already know, TerminalCtrl has a very high score on that -xterm & DEC/ANSI- compatibility scale.)

Unlike Windows Terminal (AFAIK), it can also run on Windows 7 & 8, if the latest U++ still can (didn't try to run it on Win < 10 since the end of 2022).

It has a much smaller memory footprint.

But let's change the question a little bit: What would you like to see implemented?

I am open to suggestions and feature requests.

In the meantime, I am going to add an Upp::Esc (not to be confused wiht ESC sequences) based macro system (for automation) and a "lite" plugin system for expansion.

Also when I finalize the first release of Bobcat, I am going to publish its sibling: Tomcat (a dedicated SSH terminal, which will have a virtually identical UI & interchangeable profiles etc.).

Best regards,

[Updated on: Thu, 21 December 2023 14:39]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message