Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » unsigned long / uint64 from Value type (Same issue different decade)
unsigned long / uint64 from Value type [message #60425] Mon, 08 January 2024 12:41 Go to previous message
EspressoMan is currently offline  EspressoMan
Promising Member
In September 2006, a member posted this title: Value with unsigned support [message #5214]

17 years on, I need to ask this question again. To be fair, as a new user, I could simply be missing something basic due to inexperience with U++

On my form I have an EditInt64 control. I would like users to be able to enter any integer up to 2^64-1, i.e, the maximum unsigned 64 bit integer.
However, there appears to be some kind of "mask" which triggers a colour change in the field when anything bigger than a signed 64 bit integer is input. (see pic below). Now, typecasting a signed 64 bit int into an unsigned 64 bit int will of course work but the maximum signed 64 bit int is 2^63-1 and the EditInt64 won't allow anything bigger to be input. Can some kind member please advise how my requirement can be realised.

index.php?t=getfile&id=6886&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: plugin/Zip issue with UTF-8
Next Topic: Performance comparison of mmap+MemStream to FileIn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 09:17:20 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02155 seconds