Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » EditField and DateFormat problems
EditField and DateFormat problems [message #4490 is a reply to message #4487] Sat, 12 August 2006 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
exolon is currently offline  exolon
luzr wrote on Fri, 11 August 2006 22:29

rbmatt wrote on Fri, 11 August 2006 15:43

Actually, it looks like those settings are only there for like 6 "major" languages.
An easier way:
SetDateScan("dmy");

Actually, there are two.

SetDateScan makes for ordering of "day" "month" "year" while parsing text to date (note that parsing is quite benevolent - even month names are tested, year can be YY or YYYY, separators is anything non al-num). There is also SetDateFilter that setups a filter function of date characters.

That seems great... but I still can't make it work.

GUI_APP_MAIN
{
	SetLanguage(LNGC_('E', 'N', 'I', 'E', CHARSET_UTF8));
	SetDateScan("dmy");
	//SetDateScan(t_("date-scan\admy")); // neither of these work
	MainGui().Run();
}

Still defaults to American style dates (although I like the dynamic background-colour changing when it sees a date it thinks is invalid - 02/29/2001 stays light red, but 02/29/2000 goes white... although apparently century years don't count as leap years ;P).

What am I still doing wrong? Smile

[edit]
BTW: Specifically, what's happening is that as I type a date (eg: 20/7/2006) into the EditDate gadget, it stays white, indicating a valid date... but as soon as I move focus away from the control by tabbing to another control or clicking away, the date immediately changes from "20/7/2006" to "07/20/2006" and the background colour changes to the "invalid date" colour. Then, I can't close the application without clearing the date field (or entering a neutral date such as 12/12/2006).

ps. Fudadmin, I agree that my offtopic problems with this widget would be better placed in say... the "problems with widgets" subforum or similar... bit late now though Smile

[/edit...]

[Updated on: Sat, 12 August 2006 02:02] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message