Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » EditField and DateFormat problems
EditField and DateFormat problems [message #4491 is a reply to message #4490] Sat, 12 August 2006 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rbmatt is currently offline  rbmatt

exolon wrote on Fri, 11 August 2006 18:52

BTW: Specifically, what's happening is that as I type a date (eg: 20/7/2006) into the EditDate gadget, it stays white, indicating a valid date... but as soon as I move focus away from the control by tabbing to another control or clicking away, the date immediately changes from "20/7/2006" to "07/20/2006" and the background colour changes to the "invalid date" colour. Then, I can't close the application without clearing the date field (or entering a neutral date such as 12/12/2006).

You need to SetDateFormat to your preferred settings also. Here's how I understand this to work:
When you enter a date, its a 100% raw string. Then it uses DateScan to parse it into Year, Month, and Day internal variables. Then at some later point in time, it is formatted according to DateFormat. DateFormat takes the internal variables and puts it back into a string. This helps to make all dates similar, 1/1/06 would turn into 01/01/2006. It's just good measure. Then its saved.
The problem is your DateFormat is not compatible to your DateScan.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 August 2006 02:02] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon7.gif