Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » design custom controls
Re: design custom controls [message #4981 is a reply to message #4979] Tue, 29 August 2006 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, your question is addressing wo different problems:

* Creation of your own widgets (even for the purposes of different look).

Creating widgets is very simple in U++ (if you know how Wink - this was one of basic design principles. I guess for starters, look at "reference/UscCtrl" which demostrates creation of simple widget, implemented in Counter package.

The example even demonstrates how to add .usc script description so that you have the right visual response in LayoutDesigner; note that this is not necessary (you can add your custom widget anyway, you will just see it as empty rectangle in layout designer

* The look of existing U++ widgets.

This issue is in addressed in post-605 U++ by introduction of "Chameleon system" - you can adjust appearance on per-class and often even on per-instance basis. This is still under development, however the system is flexible enough to use XP theming API, which brings native look on Windows for U++....

I plan to introduce some reference examples about chameleon - if you are interested, let me know, I will do it sooner Wink

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: DropList with "quick trigger option": best way to implement?
Next Topic: always-on-top window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 09:24:58 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03938 seconds