Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TopWindow&PopUp, TrayIcon » How can I retrieve the current screen resolution?
Re: How can I retrieve the current screen resolution? [message #5202 is a reply to message #5198] Sun, 10 September 2006 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Sun, 10 September 2006 14:26

GetClickFocus is wrong item.

Rect Ctrl::GetWorkArea();

It is not exactly screen resultion, but the rectangle of maximized window (in other words, screen resolution minus bottom start/tasklist pane).

Also please note that the window rectangle is specified without any platform specific border areas (so workarea is too big to be set as TopWindow rect).

Mirek

Thank you very much. That was exactly what I was looking for. (I'm working on an application which has to adjust the TopWindow whenever the size of a certain widget changes.) Under Windows XP (without start bar) "GetWorkArea" returns exactly 1280 * 1024, 1024 * 768, 800 * 600, and so on.

May I suggest to honor this function by including it in the documentation? Rolling Eyes Or did I again fail to read the documentation carefully? Sad After all I couldn't find "GetWorkArea" in the documentation - even using "Find in files ..." (but in various files as soon as I knew what to look for ... Razz ).

Just because I'm curious and like to pester Twisted Evil : What is "GetClickFocus" for and how could I intelligently use it?

Werner

[Updated on: Sun, 10 September 2006 19:35]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Implementation of TrayIcon for linux
Next Topic: these nice bubbles...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:56:42 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02079 seconds