Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » A Few observations on U++ (lack of) documentation
A Few observations on U++ (lack of) documentation [message #5663] Sun, 08 October 2006 15:34 Go to previous message
arixion is currently offline  arixion
Promising Member

Hey hi, I'm a new user who just switched over from WxWidgets 'cos I foudn it a little too complex. I like UPP because I find that the code is generally cleaner and more readable (i.e. easier to debug). However, the major disadvantage UPP has to other tks like Wx, Swing, QT, and FOX, is that its features are poorly documented. Tutorials aside, what I feel is really needed for UPP is to document the extensive source code. I see that UPP has tremendous functionality, but unfortunately layout designer doesn't showcase the full set of functionality because half the classes are hidden behind USCControl, and htese are unfortuantely those controls which could make UPP shine or at least seem comparable to other tks, which it actually is. IDEs like NetBeans and WxDesigner feature the *complete* set of controls in their layout designers (and even event listeners sometimes).

I simply think that it is a shame that UPP which is really good is handicapped by the lack of even simple API documentation, which could go through a great deal in helping new users figure out the tk. It is especially sad that TPP, which would be good for navigating such documentation, isn't being sued to full capacity because there is simply no documentation to navigate!!

I sincerely think that the programmers of UPP should stop programming UPP for a while and focus on documenting all the classes. After all, the programmers do know everything about their own creations, which is much harder for teh end-user to discover on hsi or her own.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Interesting... U++ on "windowsmarketplace".
Next Topic: Working on new article...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:57:24 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 1.91616 seconds