Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » A Few observations on U++ (lack of) documentation
Re: A Few observations on U++ (lack of) documentation [message #5673 is a reply to message #5669] Mon, 09 October 2006 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
Sorry for being rude in my previous post.
I mostly agree with you, that upp needs a lot of documentation. But I think, that an UPP user can start using the lot of examples and tutorials. The basics of upp are well documented, so the concepts can be understood.
I think, programming work of UPP developers is too valuable compared to doc writing.
This is my opinion of course. I'm not a developer of UPP, only a user.
If you need a deeper undertanding of the code, you can generate a source documentation using a tool like doxygen. This was my personal solution to the problem of the lack of deeper documentation. I generated docs with browsable source code and it is extremly useful in developing applications, as class and method names are very descriptive and the code of upp is very clean.
After you developed some applications using this harder way, you can start writing documentation. And you can always ask your questions in forum if you are stuck somewhere.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Interesting... U++ on "windowsmarketplace".
Next Topic: Working on new article...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 11:08:17 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01918 seconds