Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » A Few observations on U++ (lack of) documentation
Re: A Few observations on U++ (lack of) documentation [message #5692 is a reply to message #5663] Tue, 10 October 2006 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Actually, I think this was discussed here several times. One visible result of discussion is that we have now all these tutorials and that about 50% of U++ now has reference documentation (should be about 70% at the next major release).

So the work is in progress. The only topic I (as "leading developer") am reluctant to do is to start using comments in the code. I think that the good code does not need comments other that commenting the purpose of class and public methods (and MAYBE something more if implementation is unusual). I plan to introduce such Assist++ improvements in future releases that will make this information as easily accessible as if it was written as comments.

As for adding .usc description scripts for less frequently used classes, I agree, it is on ToDo list. (BTW, this is not the same as "reference/USCControl" - that one is mere example how to create .usc script for your own custom control). Maybe somebody could step in and contribute a bit Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Interesting... U++ on "windowsmarketplace".
Next Topic: Working on new article...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 19:13:26 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03177 seconds