Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Graphics Context and Draw Object
Re: Graphics Context and Draw Object [message #5884 is a reply to message #5878] Mon, 23 October 2006 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
arixion is currently offline  arixion
Promising Member

*Sigh*

My main problem is that I'm trying to use the Scintilla Library Classes alongside UPP classes.

Here's how a port (any port) of Scintilla is supposed to work:-

1) The port code sets up the Window on the display device.

2) The code links a customized Scintilla class to the window wrapper.

3) This customized class inherits from ScintillaBase in the Scintilla Core Library, which provides lexing and folding support. ScintillaBase in turn derives itself from an Editor Class, which provides find/ replace, basic text-editting and autocomplete. The Editor Class calls on the helper classes Window, Surface and Menu to help it do its work:-

- Menu generates the auto-complete context menu from another helper class ListBox.

- Window provides access to windowing functions like resizing, moving, minimizing/maximizing and closing. It is meant, I think, as a link between the port code and the Scintilla Library.

- Surface provides functions for painting onto specified areas in the screen.

4) Editor calls on an AutoSurface Class whenever it needs to do painting. The AutoSurface class basically generates a surface upon which painting methods are called on.

My main problem here is how to create an implementation class for Surface that can draw onto the component area with persistence, because it is useless to paint things like context menus or cursors or whatever else only for a fraction of a second before it is erased again by TimerAndPaint in the Ctrl class. So, does anyone have any suggestions on how to achieve this?

the confused programmer

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: GIF reader BUG? Or BUG in inserting GIF into QTF?
Next Topic: image of cursor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 13:33:12 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02633 seconds