FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Creating a theme
Re: Creating a theme [message #5894 is a reply to message #5885] Mon, 23 October 2006 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
unodgs wrote on Mon, 23 October 2006 02:55

From the other side qt has bulit-in clear look theme - gtk is not used to paint it.

Many Linux distros seem now to use GTK-QT theme for KDE, which is gtk theme that interfaces with Qt themes..

Quote:

Besides I feel gtk is not painting speed daemon..

That is what image cache was designed for Wink

Quote:

Personaly I think that is better to emulate default themes for both desktop though.

Maybe we will end with that. But I must say that I am quite happy with Chameleon in XP (just think about Vista and all troubles with creating new themes for it), so I think at least experiment is required here...

Frankly, after spending two days with Human, I would not want to repeat my ImageDes story - I spend 2 weeks fixing old ImageDes to work with new Image and 2 month later another 2 weeks with new ImageDes (rewritten from the scratch). I am afraid that story would repeate here, spending 2 weeks to recreate ClearLooks and Human and then another 2 weeks to get it working with GTK theming ...

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message