Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Menus&Toolbars » Creating sub menus without callback functions
Creating sub menus without callback functions [message #5899] Tue, 24 October 2006 00:38 Go to previous message
prog13 is currently offline  prog13
Hi, I've stumbled across U++ some days ago while searching for an alternative GUI framework because of some issues I have with wxWidgets - and all in all I really liked what I saw. Now after beginning to port an application that reads in it's user interface layout from a text file I've got stuck on menu creation. The layout parser of that application needs to create the menu structure in standard depth-first-order or else some kind of overly complicated menu structure buffer would need to be implemented.
So what I'd need is instead of adding a sub menu with "bar.Add( caption, callback );" something like "bar.Add( caption, submenu );". But this doesn't seem to work with 'submenu' beeing of type MenuBar.
So is something like that possible? Or any method not using (seemlingly asynchronous) callback functions?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: DropList bug
Next Topic: MenuBar.Execute seems to ignore owner - Bug?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:57:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05820 seconds