Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » grammar corrections
Re: grammar corrections [message #500 is a reply to message #482] Thu, 05 January 2006 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member

Hi

You may have noticed in the previous thread that I've been writing two help file topic++ docs on packages, assemblies and nests, which I'm still working on.

A little while ago, a person named Ivica wrote a few tutorials including for the HelloWorld example and a few other things. I really liked the style that Ivica used for these and I promised to correct the English (since I'm native English speaker) but not sure when I'll get time. If you want to start somewhere, the HelloWorld tutorial would be a good place to start, and possibly make a few small enhancements to the HelloWorld example at the same time.

I've tried to persuade Mirek to get some better organization for the docs. Off the top of my head I couldn't tell you how to get to the HelloWorld tutorial, for example, or where to find TopWindow reference. It seems like the only option for any kind of index at present is the "help index" page, which you get directly to if you click on the pink circle with question mark in TheIDE. If it were my decision, this index would be expanded with links to all the tutorials, and to the two articles I have written on packages. Probably tutorials should have their own index page, linked to from the main index page. Similarly, the main index page could have a link to another index page that listed links to all the U++ classes/ packages/ widgets whatever so that, for example, the TopWindow reference could be found quickly.

In the zip file I posted in the other thread, you'll see a file called IntroductionToUPP$en-us.tpp - my idea for this page was to give people new to U++ a rapid introduction as briefly as possible so as to get started quickly, but it needs more work and there's a whole topic to write on using TheIDE main window itself - what all the buttons and menus mean etc. (some of which is described in various other places) - so feel free to add to any of these things Smile

A uniform style for the docs would be good too, but I like colour so I chose bronze for the sub-headings in the two articles I wrote - but this style doesn't appear anywhere else.

There isn't a huge amount to know about Topic++. One thing - if you want to create a link, select/highlight the text, then click in the edit box in the third line from the top - you'll get a dialog that lets you select a topic to link to.

Graeme

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message