Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » LOG files in ~/.App-name/logs/date.log in Linux
Re: LOG files in ~/.App-name/logs/date.log in Linux [message #8039 is a reply to message #6412] Mon, 05 February 2007 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
Hmmm... Here are some thoughts.

Placing the files in ~/.App-name/... clutters up the home directory, and more importantly if you have multiple versions of the same app, it will overwrite the logs. Ex: I have an assemblage named LIDAR_apps which contains supposedly working versions of the packages, and LIDAR_exp for experimental versions of the same code. Later, as I release specific versions, I was planning on renaming the assemblages to something like LIDAR_apps_001, etc. I'm still trying to decide the best way to handle specific version support for U++ packages. What is the U++ convention for handling application versioning?

My $0.02 would be to place the logs in a sub directory of the package itself, add a new build menu item "clean logs" below "clean package", and possibly add a couple of check boxes in debug for creating logs, etc... Like I said, just my $0.02

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Problem with StringReplace [solved]
Next Topic: Must Core be compiled in DEBUG mode only?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 09:12:12 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02250 seconds