Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » LOG files in ~/.App-name/logs/date.log in Linux
Re: LOG files in ~/.App-name/logs/date.log in Linux [message #8064 is a reply to message #8063] Mon, 05 February 2007 23:30 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
ebojd wrote on Mon, 05 February 2007 17:23

> No, placing intermediate files to directory sources is
> something we are trying to avoid hard.

fair enough. After pointing this out I very much agree with you Wink

the linux default is to make a copy of the sources and build in $(USER)/upp. how about a directory named log which is a sibling of out directory (ie $(USER)/upp/logs)? That way we do not have to make a seperate directory in home or root.

Actually, I believe I suggest something similar for release version.

The advantage of putting debug into output directory is that there is nice well defined "Open output directory file" function in TheIDE.

BTW, placing in ~/upp/logs has slight disadvantage as that directory is not well defined during execution of binary, it is just compilation issue.

Quote:

BTW, I'm looking forward to the day I learn u++ enough that I can actually contribute instead of wasting your time.

That is OK, you are not wasting my time. Actually, this one problem is the kind that can be implemented in 2 minutes, but takes months to decide what is the correct behaviour.... Brainstorming is highly appreciated.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Problem with StringReplace [solved]
Next Topic: Must Core be compiled in DEBUG mode only?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 05:42:20 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01107 seconds